Faster Hair Growth Hack
Deep in the mountains of southern China’s Guangxi province there is a tribe of women with very long hair. It is recognized by the Guinness World Book of Records as the “world’s longest hair village”. For these women hair is their most prized possession and across China this ancient settlement is known as the “Long Hair Village”.
The women here grow their hair up to
They only cut their hair once on their 18th birthday. Once chopped the girl’s grandmother collects the hair and designs it into an ornamental headpiece that is offered to the groom when the girl marries. Later the headpiece becomes a part of her everyday hairdo. (So who says extensions are only worn in LA! :)
The women of Red Yao manage to keep their hair thick, strong and most surprisingly, free of gray’s well into their 80’s.
So what’s their secret? It’s that milky-colored liquid made from boiling rice. They wash exclusively with this fermented rice water and that’s where their secret lies.
Here’s the routine:
How to Make Rice Water “Shampoo”
- Collect the rice water (not the water you use on the initial rinse to get off residue but rather the one there after the water has been boiling a bit).
- Leave the rice water at room temperature for 24 hours or until it turns slightly sour and starts to ferment.
- Boil the fermented rice water and allow it to cool.
- Add 6 drops of either one of our regrowth formulas:
- Place the liquid into an applicator bottle
- Massage the liquid onto damp hair (2+ times x week is ideal)
- Wrap the hair in a warm towel and let sit for 30 minutes
- Thoroughly rinse with lukewarm water
- If you have any rice water left store it in the refrigerator