Abyssinian Oil for hair and skin may be the single greatest hydrating and softening treatment. It is light as feather, deeply absorptive, soothing and protecting all it touches. It is a powerful anti-oxidant, rich in skin regenerating omega-6 fatty acids, and will not clog pores. It renews the lipid layers of the scalp, reduces hair breakage, detangles locks, and can increase the hair sheen fourfold.
Our virgin, organic Marula Oil is harvested by hand from the fruit kernels of wild trees in Africa, and has been called ‘the most perfect hair oil.’ It is cold-pressed, which preserves the rich phytonutrients, vitamins, and omega-6 fatty acids. The powerful anti-oxidants protect the hair and scalp from pollutants and the sun. It makes hair luminous, the cuticles silky, eliminates flyaways and frizz, and deeply nourishes the scalp and skin. It repairs the skin and hydrates at the deepest level, a tried and true beauty ritual that goes back a thousand years.
There are many ways to use high quality hair oil—as a weekly treatment or daily conditioner. The most important role you can play is to massage in the oils and invigorate the scalp. Think of it as giving your skin exercise, getting the blood vessels flowing and enlivened, providing vital nutrients to stimulate and feed the hair growth cycle. Hair follicles determine color and quality of hair. When follicles are clogged and inflamed, hair is weaker, thinner, dull, and brittle. When inflamed, the follicles lose blood flow, oxygen and vital nutrients, which shrink the follicle until hair is thin or not there at all. By reducing inflammation, introducing anti-oxidants to protect cellular vitality, and providing crucial key nutrients to the follicle, hair quality can improve day by week by month. Be patient. Nurturing your hair is like growing a healthy garden. If you combine transformative oils with a great diet loaded with fruits and vegetables, get plenty of exercise, and have restful sleep, your hair can begin its journey to restored beauty and native vibrancy.
• Before showering, layer onto the dry hair, massage or comb in thoroughly, and leave in for 15-20 minutes. Shampoo and condition as normal.
• For deeper impact, massage in and leave on overnight using a towel or shower cap. Shampoo and condition in the morning.
• For the most profound effect, warm the oil by placing the bottle in a bowl of hot water. Apply to hair, massage and leave in for one to eight hours as a stunning conditioning treatment. All three ways will create softened, healthy, shiny locks, and better manageability.
• Another use is to apply small amounts after you shower to the length of the moist hair and ends, and then let the hair dry naturally. If blow drying, the oil will protect the hair.
• For a conditioning treatment, section the hair into two or four parts. Rub one drop of oil thoroughly onto your hand and pull it through the hair with your fingers like a comb to work it in. Thick hair will require more than one drop. The oils reflect the light and add shine to all hair types.
• Finally, you can apply the oil to ends only. These oils are fabulous for preventing or repairing split ends.
The scalp is the skin, thus anything that nourishes and soothes the scalp will be healing and regenerative to the skin on all parts of the body, particularly face, hands, and legs. The oils are also the best way to remove makeup at night. Rub a small amount onto the skin in a circular motion over your face, just as you would with makeup remover. Then rinse with a wash cloth in warm water. A small amount of oil placed into a bathtub hydrates and softens the skin.
Virgin Organic Namibian Marula oil (Sclerocarya birrea) Abyssinian oil (Crambe Abyssinica Seed oil) Ylang Ylang oil (Cananga odorata)
Essential oils are very concentrated. Their safe use requires they be treated with care and respect.
DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT IF PREGNANT.
MAY CAUSE IRTITATION. SKIN TEST THIS PRODUCT BEFORE USING. DILUTE A SMALL AMOUNT AND APPLY TO THE SKIN ON YOUR INNER ARM. DO NOT USE IF REDNESS OR IRRITATION OCCURS.
• Read and follow this label warning and caution
• Keep oils tightly closed and out of the reach of children
• Never ingest essential oils
• Skin test oils before using. Dilute a small amount and apply to the skin on your inner arm. Do not use if redness or irritation occurs
• Keep oils away from eyes and mucous membranes
• If redness, burning, itching or irritation occur, stop using this product immediately
• Do not go out into the sun with these oils on your skin.
• Sweet fennel, sage and rosemary should not be used by anyone with epilepsy
• People with high blood pressure should avoid rosemary, sage and thyme