Black Castor Oil is, without doubt, a miracle oil. Some of its many benefits include:
1. Apply Black Caster Oil and massage a small amount of oil to the hair at night, especially to scalp areas that are inflamed, or where the hair is thinning. Place a shower cap on the head, and rinse out with gentle Amla Shampoo in the morning. Not recommended for fine hair. Has a natural, earthy scent that dissipates and washes out.
2. Dip cotton swab lightly into Black Castor Oil and run gently along eyebrows and lashes at night. Remove any excess in the morning with makeup pad. Try to keep out of the eye and rinse out immediately if it gets in, although castor oil is used to treat eye inflammation.
3. Mix Black Castor Oil with Amla Oil in equal parts and apply to longer hair for 20-30 minutes. Rinse with Amla Shampoo.
4. To eliminate dry hair, you can mix with Amla Oil or Shea Butter and apply for 30 minutes. Rinse with Amla Shampoo.
5. For the body, oil can be mixed with Amla Oil for moisturization, reduction of inflammation, breakouts, discoloration, and chapped dry skin.
There are many extraordinary ingredients in castor oil, however, the key ingredient is ricinoleic acid, an unsaturated omega-9 fatty acid. No other oil contains anything close to the 80-90% ricinoleic acid you find in black castor oil. Ricinoleic acid gives black castor oil its anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, and anti-bacterial properties, all of which support healthy hair growth. Black castor oil was invented in the 17th century in Haiti and has been used for skin and haircare ever since. It was created because it was the only way people could make oil from castor beans. The beans are roasted, ground into powder, and boiled. After cooking the mixture, the oil rises to the surface and is removed. There are minute amounts of ash in the oil that raise the pH, which helps unclog pores and open the cuticles. The ash also gives the oil its beautiful hue and is part of its characteristic earthy scent. We believe that healing has to go beyond the bottle. As a company, we are constantly looking for vendors, farmers, makers who address the needs of their community, pay fair wages, create dignified work, and further social justice. Our Black Castor Oil is made by a women’s cooperative in Haiti that counts fair pay and reforestation as two of its many social accomplishments.
Are you 30 or maybe 40-something and want to slow down or reverse the graying process? Here are proven methods to slow down your hair's aging process.